Monday, March 14, 2011

216.5 lbs and my new dare I say it, job...still in the works.

Still. Always. Forever? I think not, but...

Going to see the doctor later. Will ask for a small bit out. Esophogram and all sorts of blood tests. The slightly delayed annual.

Work is having a crisis this am. I'm not caring. I am leaving soon. I scheduled this time off beforehand, so someone else or no one can deal with it now.

I have dinner with my new overlords tonight. I still don't have a firm agreement with them. They made me an offer, I asked for a bit more $, and then they countered with "come to a dinner we are hosting for our clients with some financial advisers"...it's a bit weird, but I think they want to check on my ability to charm/schmooze as well as reassured me that they have a high caliber of clients because one of the reasons I gave for wanting more money is that even if I am paid according to the work I do, I am not sure what that work will entail/generate in terms of fees and me getting paid. It's a hybrid compensation package. A decent base salary, but if I do more than X of payable work + clients that I bring in that other people work on, then I get a percentage of that. Shouldn't be to hard to accomplish that, but I want to make sure that it is all done properly...and leave myself time to develop new sources of referrals, create relationships, etc. And I'm a greedy bitch you wants more money!

So I've been racked with insecruty about whether or not I have this PIG. The concenses is yes, but I am still uncertain. Parents and E and friends all say I have it, we are just quibbling about $ now. I am always worried in a situation like this that they will say "we can't give you more money" then I say "that's fine, I'll take the initial offer" to which they reply "we are concerned you wouldn't be happy at that price, so...we'll look for someone else"...

This is the thought that haunts me. I know, everyone says I am being silly. I'm not asked for a huge difference, just a bout 10-15 percent. And I was vague about how much more I needed, just that I would be "more comfortable" if the number was higher.

GRRRRRR...off to the esophogram today. And meeting a friend who had surgery after seeing my pics on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment