Saturday, March 5, 2011

By jove, I think I've done it...

escaped my hellhole of a PIG (place I go during the day that pays me $, a Dinnerland shorthand), that is!

Had my second meeting with the partners today, and they asked me how much time I needed to give notice. I told them a week or two and they told me to start wrapping up files and planning to give notice as soon as they crunch the numbers and make me a formal offer. It should include approximately a 25% pay increase, vacation time, benefits (I have NONE now except he pays less than half of my crappy health insurance that doesn't allow me to see my beloved Dr. Kurian!) like 401K, paid holidays, VACATION time - I get none, so my pay increase is even higher because any time I take off, sick or vacation is unpaid right now.

It's a position starting at an already somewhat senior level and there seem to be a lot of opportunities to grow and they want to support that. I was questioning my judgment, because I remember my excitement 13 months ago when I took my current position...my friend S put me straight: you didn't like him when you took the job, but it was steady and a step in the right direction. Made me feel much better...

more on clothes shopping and recommitting and planning as soon as I get the official offer!

8 comments:

  1. Ah girlie! I got to enjoy this not too long ago myself. :) Came with a nice pay increase (not 25% but I still was pretty happy with it - it was over 10%) and so far, so good. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! So happy for you! How is the house stuff going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you. Things are falling into place and so will the clothes shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific news! Thanks for the 'PIG' tribute-- ha ha. You're giving me hope that it can be done. Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSS!! That's awesome news! I 'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That is fantastic news!!

    ReplyDelete