Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Deep in the heart of...negotiations...

I am in a perfect storm right now...I received a formal offer for a new PIG on Sunday, asked for some time because there was something I was looking for that wasn't there (as much $ as they had originally said, guaronteed) although I was offered a percentage of all the work I do over X, which is more generous than most other PIGS.
I took two days to thinks, and made a list of points: why I believed I could meet and exceed the goal of X, the first year, especially, as I am building new relationships and figuring out what work flow is like...I want a higher amount guaranteed.

I hate negotiating on my own behalf! But I wrote a list, followed through it in a reasonable and logical manner, and had the partner I was talking to tell me that all the concerns were valid, he respected my negotiation skills, and he would get with his partners and see if they could bring up the money! No promises, but I think I was scared that if I asked for something beyond what was being offered he would rescind the offer! I am so silly!

I am also nervous about telling them I am outa there! I am trying to work extra hard right now and clear as many matters as possible, or at least clearly outline what is going on so someone else can step in.

In house news, we are trying to get clearance for the closing. We have a final cert of occupancy, now our lender is making us jump through hoops. And I made the (what everyone is saying is a stupid mistake but I would rather deal with in advance than the day before the closing) decision to tell the loan processor that I was offered another job and would be giving notice at my current one. So then she says she needs a pay stub from my new job - but I wouldn't have started, much less gotten a pay stub when we close, I would be still at the old job but having given notice that I was resigning and finishing up my files/work. So when they called, the day before closing, to verify my employment, my pissed off superior might say/do something to screw it up for me! And then there will delays and extensions etc. and I want to move toward the closing ASAP as we are paying a lot of money to extend the rate!

Anyway, in the middle of all this, I am still recovering from the tailbone fracture, which gives me lots of leeway to not exercise, even though there is stuff I can do. My eating...is not very much. I got my (.) yesterday, and my band has slammed closed, especially overnight. I've stopped eating or drinking late at night, yet last night when the last thing I had was a small pill with two sips of liquid at 9 pm, and nothing else after 7.30, I woke up at 1.30 am, choking on saliva and throwing up like there was no tomorrow. It's gross and scary. During the day, if I have some time and some tea I can drink and eat a little bit - yesterday was some Special K crachers, turkey with mayo from half a sandwich and a half a slice of whole wheat toast and some fritos. Salad with feta and some chocolate cookies.
Weight is: 217 lbs.
Just doesn't change. I say 215 once, so I'm keeping it on the ticker, but I miss it! I want to see it again!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You got a lot going on. Make time for some self-care and hope everything settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the house and the job!! and I agree with Jen...take some time for you in the midst of all of it.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete