I sent out boxes and boxes of size 22-16W work wear to the sisterhood. Beautiful suits, skirts, tops, coats, etc...
Please, if you have something that might work for me, please let me know! I will pay for postage - I know I am going to break though this wall and get down lower so I don't want to spend tons of $ on clothes that won't fit in a while. I check out my local resale shops, but the plus size one doesn't have anything left and the "regular" ones don't stock disgusting things like 16s!
I am hesitant to buy on eBay, because...you buy and you didn't try!
On Tuesday I went to Loehman's and Century 21, which sucked. I want to try Filene's, but that will have to wait until the weekend.
After a total break down yesterday, I woke up, said screw it, today is another day, and went to work. I made the decisions that I was leaving early to get a hair cut for my thing on Friday, as well as a new, well fitting suit.
So I left. Told boss man I was celebrating my brother's graduation and new job. We were.
I got the haircut - even shorter and cuter, met with a former BF for three months 7 years ago who now is tangentially in my field to refer a matter to him and to ask about job leads. He had a few ideas. Then I went to Bloomingdale's...I figured that since I didn't have time i would go someplace with personal shoppers and just pay full price for a nice suit.
I found nothing. There were some 16s that fit, but others looked so boxy...even the ones that were too tight looked better than the ones that "fit" - why don't they make a designer suit in a size 16 Misses. I'm not talking about Jones New York and Calvin Klein cheapy lines. I want something to feel like a million bucks. This position is one that is not junior. Lots of facetime, representing an entity that wants you to be comfortable spending lots of money with us.
My parents have me their old car; they got a new lease and this one has 5 months left, so I get to try having a car for a while. If I go to this new place, I will need one. If now, I will re-evaluate after five months.
Yesterday, I ate: 1. salted almond and a chocolate milk
5 little potato varenkik, basically potato potstickets.
1 twizzler
Dinner at TownHouse by David Burke with mumsy:
Amuse: they bring you a shot glass of duck liver pate with a cover of apricot gelee and crunch pistachios. delicious, at the whole thing but didn't touch mom's.
Cocktails - a pomegranate one with elderflower and processo for mom and a raspberry business for me. after we finished, we split a glass of white wine.
Apps:Angry Lobster, a signature dish! I had about 1/2 of the appetizer portion, maybe less.
Then I had a few bites of fish from the pastramied salmon with buckwheat blini and creme fraiche over a very interesting slaw...one bit of blini, then couldn't be bothered.
Did have a few bites of the crust of the delicious bread and butter brought to the table. We ordered an entree to share and they split it in the kitchen, which was so nice - black bass with wax beans and roasted cherry tomatoes, tons of herbs, a lemongrass/curry foam and lobster dumplings! We each got a perfect portion.
Ordered tea and espresso and opted to skip the $18 dessert offerings, despite how lovely they sounded. We were rewarded with a plate of petit fours, which were a perfect end to the meal. There were little gift boxes with coconut and chocolate truffles and a glass canister of perfect home made peanut brittle and paper cones and tongs next to the coat check to take home, so I brought E a treat!
After all that, my weight this am was 216. only 1 pound up from the best ever!
I'm going to try and guzzle a lot of water today.


No comments:
Post a Comment