My fill history.
Someone asked me yesterday in a comment how many fills I have had.
I realize my Dr. is probably more aggressive than most. I was told my band was primed with 2 ccs, then I got 2ccs on my first fill and another 3 ccs on my second, rapidly bringing the total to 7 ccs. Then the next 3-4 fills were small fills, either .2 or .3 ccs. When I got a little unfill two weeks ago, she told me I was at 8cc's, took out .2 ccs for a total of 7.8 ccs.
That being said, and I am very mindful that I can't do this whole process looking at I can still eat x and y and z, right now I can eat anything I want. Including things that were off limits before. Like bread (I haven't tried a bagel recently, but I had a bialy with scrambled eggs yesterday. half for breakfast and half for lunch). And breakfast. I've been enjoying breakfasts...which is nice because when I first got the band I wasn't interested in breakfast, and then as I got tighter I would actually be hungry in the morning but barely be able to drink anything. I also ate some roast beef and steak this weekend that were a little tough that I would have previously spit out or PB's on, but it went down fine. Fibrous veggies also ok - I had had trouble with some.
I'm also mindful that I have not lost a single pound since my unfill. And for a few weeks before that. Although the Dr. said according to her scale I did...nope, I have been sitting here at 227 lbs forever, it seems like.
I talked to Mom about it last night, and she said: You've lost over 50 lbs! As long as you are not gaining weight, it's ok if you don't lose some for a while!
And she's right. I should make good food choices, stay away from junk because it's no good for anyone, hydrate my body, and exercise more. And more weight loss will come, I am confident. Because I simply don't take in the calories I did before. Even when I am not a perfect bandster, I am not eating 3000-4000 calories a day like I must have in the past to get to 280+ lbs!
True confession time: I went to Dunkin' Donuts, and they were having a sale on half a dozen donuts. So I got them, "for the office". That is such an old Yana lie. Anyway, I ate a Boston Cream. And a bite of a blueberry cake one. And then I threw them away on the station platform. Cause I didn't want to pick some more. And really, is bringing in donuts to an office a favor to anyone? Bring in fresh berries, that's a favor!
I just calculated my BMI, and it's 38.4 - starting BMI was 47.3! WOW!!!


YAY on the lower BMI! I always hate when people bring "crap" into the office. You are so right that they aren't doing anyone a favor!
ReplyDeletesometimes the scale takes a while to catch up. It will get there...You have lost this this first 50 in a great amount of time and you have a lifetime to keep moving it forward.
ReplyDeleteMy point yesterday was not to criticize you at all but to let you know that even with all the changes there will need to be more and those changes stop working and we still need new ones (plus it triggered the need for me to reevaluate!)
Way to go you for recognizing the doughnut thing and throwing them away. I have done that so many times (the buying part not the throwing away!)...You are my hero for that one. I don't think I have ever managed that!!
I hear the coffee from Dunkin is supposed to be really good! 50 is a major loss...TAKE IT BABY!
ReplyDeleteYou said it right, I think we have been taking care or bringing in food for so many for so long it is just habit and hard to break. Think of how many years you have been doing it, compared to how many months you have been on the 'band' wagon.
ReplyDeleteSo good for you, and keep up the good work.
I would love some followers to come visit me on
www. bandedup.blogspot.com
Big drop in BMI and 50 lbs. is good. What has helped me gain perspective was reading blogs from start to finish before I was banded. I might read two years of postings in one hour. So when they went thru a plateau that lasted a month or two, it only lasted five minutes in my reading. So if you keep on, keepin on...you will get to your goal. Way to go on the donuts...it takes strength to throw food away. :)
ReplyDeleteWillpower!
Good for you for throwing away those donuts.
ReplyDeleteI say to myself, 'either the food will be wasted on my thighs or in the trash' and that often works!!
I get you girl! I'm there also with a scale that refuse to lose and although I've heard the same things as far as "you've lost so much weight so fast" bit I had to reexamine the details on what I was really doing and actually found that I am including alot of "little" things that I wasnt before!! And while I havent gained any weight even doing my insignificant cheats I havent lost anything either so maybe Yana you also need to pick through the details and really take a hard look. It's not easy or pretty but it's something that I think we all will have to do on our journey. It's so easy I think to sometimes fall into this psuedo false sense of security bit because we have lost so much weight in less than a year that we unintentionally tend to overlook these little things.
ReplyDeleteI for one have realize that I've been VERY delinquient on my water and to liberal on the going out to lunch, things that need to change. So try looking for some hidden skeletons and maybe we can both get the fraking scale to move !!!!
Awesome on bringing down your BMI! And I think it was me who asked about your fills, so thank you for answering. :)
ReplyDelete