I called out of work today to take care of my life...I have a bunch of work to take care of that isn't for my current job, and it always gets neglected. Will meet my bookkeeper later for my private practice and then a yoga class.
I want to report that last night was night two of no reflux, which is great. A combination of no late eating/drinking and maybe loosing a bit of weight? Although the scale doesn't show it, probably because I have been having terrible bathroom issues. 223 this am, after a very horrible bathroom sojourn! I know this is TMI, but please give me you your pooping suggestions - I have to but it is so hard and painful I don't. When I try I literally cry. HELP! I know I should be drinking more water, using benefiber or mirolax, etc...but what else can I do? Please email me at yanahelps@gmail.com if you don't want to post in the comments.
Has anyone every had a colonic after getting banded? I've had a few before and was always amazing at all the sludge they flush out of your body. I actually have a certificate for a very reputable place in NY and am planning to go in and have one sometime soon. Maybe that will help break the 220 barrier for good!


Hey there- most of my info is preventative, start taking benefiber tablets before meals, etc.
ReplyDeleteBut one thing to get things moving with less pain is to drink TONS of water all day and then the minute you get home from work, mix 1 cup water with kosher or sea salt, about 3-4 tablespoons.
Make sure you have a 5 hour window, as you'll be, er, um evacuating quite a bit and will need to be near the facilities.
It hurts a bit- but so does forcing it out. This is more of a stomach hurt. But, I have "forced" the issue and I'd rather take a sea salt laxative any day over that pain.
Hahaha and You were worried about too much TMI, lols.
Good luck.
poop instructions per your request. i know exactly what you are talking about. miralax once daily, plus prescription amitiza caps 24mcg 1 capsule twice a day. this will work. it is the only thing that keeps me from sitting on the bowl for 2 hours trying to go.
ReplyDeleteI second Brooke's salt water suggestion. I've used it before and it works like a charm. You might feel a bit crampy, but it's better than forcing the issue. I've actually never had a colonic, but have been considering one of late to help flush things out.
ReplyDeleteOn a note of prevention, I take two benefiber before each meal.
Good Luck.
I unfortunately have no advice to offer, but I am kind of interested in Brooke's suggestion!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have always wanted to get a colonic....do you have a place in the city you recommend?
I'm glad your reflux is on hiatus, that must have been terrible.