Guess what? After signing off last night, I had the hardest time going to sleep. I actually woke up before the alarm, all weirded out and anxious. And didn't want to go to yoga. So I tool a really long shower and shaved my legs all pretty and moisturized from head to toe - something I hardly ever do (moisturize, that is, although I could definitely shave more often as well) and decided to think about why I am always, as Drazil wrote about recently, "getting on track" and not so often actually am "on track"...
I made myself a big cup of tea and have been sitting here and sipping it...it's going down real easy. Which is unusual, drinking at 7 am...FYI - red bush chai from trader joe's w half a splenda - zero calories and DELISH! Also, the GERD/reflux whatever has completely vanished. To the point where I can eat a full meal right before bed. Or drink half a glass of water 5 minutes before I lay down. While that's great, I wonder if that means I may be ready for a little fill...I haven't been to the dr in a few months, since August, I believe, because my insurance changed and they no longer cover WLS. I did get aknowledgement that if I had a medical emergency that had to do with the band, that would be covered. But I wonder how much of it would be?
Regardless, I would have totally paid out of pocket to have this surgery. No matter how much I bitch and moan, I've lost about 60 lbs in less than one year, and I feel like a completely normal person, despite weighing about 220 lbs and having about 70-80 lbs to lose to be where I need to be on the charts. I wear a true size 16. I can get my ass into size 14, although it doesn't button yet. I bought large size tank tops from Gap, because the xL was too big. I no longer have to shop in plus sizes. I can wear heels. I lowered my cholesterol by 60 points. I don't worry about what chairs I am sitting on. I can do a 90 minute Bikram yoga class with a few pauses that other people sometimes take as well. I can have my family no longer worrying if I am going to die. My knees and ankles no longer hurt, not does my back every morning. I can eat one slice of pizza and no more. I am no longer the fattest person in the room.
I still have not resolved any of the PCOS issues. I still am at risk for diabetes because of my weight, although I believe it has drastically decreased. I still can't wear designer clothes nor very high or skinny heels. I haven't mastered the art of ignoring chocolate. I can't be trusted around pasta at home, because I will find a way of making it a slider food. I haven't made exercise a consistent part of my routine no matter how busy I am.


Wooooo heavy confessions!---You have come sooo far! I am very proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteMajor NSVs! Great job.
ReplyDeleteYAY for re-commitment! and YOU ROCK with your NSVs!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI just started reading your blog and started my own on Sunday. I'm scheduled to get banded on Nov 16, 2010. You have me worried now that my insurance may change at some time. I also live in NYC and heard that NY insurance companies typically cover WLS. Is this not true? Also, does your doctor require you to join a support group? I feel like I get so much information from all these blogs, that I really don't need a support group? Thoughts?
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI know it's tough to see and acknowledge when you're in the thick of the fight, but, you've had some massive NSV's and 60 pounds in a year - not too shabby.
Keep at it and know you're so not alone in the trenches!
Jennifer