So after my fill, I popped onto the scale a few times and wasn't losing. I weighed myself on Monday morning and was 232. Fuck.So I haven't gotten back on. I will, I will. I also feel like I haven't had a successful and fullfilling poop in a while, and am considering having a colonic. Has anyone had one? I'll take some Colace tonight and see what happens. I know what it is, I don't have enough fiber. Salad is difficult and I don't eat a lot of fruit and veg skins.
But, overall, since the fill I've been eating less. Looking for food less. My band is a little tighter than it was, but not that tight...I was a little tighter this morning, and had a pretty low food intake for the day...
small Star$ chai latte
half a 400 cal. Star$ sandwich with chicken
cheese stick
small bag of pretzels and yogurt dip from Turkish restaurant.
lentil soup
two bites of chocolate cookie/pastry
the other half of the sandwich
I'm going to make dinner. It will be chicken cutlets and potatoes. I've been craving for a while.
Oh, and we are buying a house. How's that for blase? We signed the contract last night and I wrote the biggest check of my life as the downpayment. We probably won't close for another 2-3 months, and we will need to do some work after that.
It's two blocks from where we live now, in Brooklyn. It's a three family house, so there is the owner's unit on the first floor, with three bedrooms + study and two baths, and two one bedrooms apartments upstairs. And a big yard! Well, but by Brooklyn standards. So as soon as we close, we will rehab the upstairs apartments and rent them out, so we can have help with the mortgage, and then we will do a bunch of work downstairs - we want to redo the 70's dropped ceilings in one side of the apartment, and maybe the floors, and completely renovate the kitchen - all on a budget. Good thing E is an architect!
We live in a tiny apartment now, so it will be really nice. I think we will sublet out two rooms and a bathroom for the first year or so, we can do that easily by putting in one wall, maybe to a shrink or someone else who needs an office space.
It will be a lot of work, and hopefully will be worth a few workouts!


Exciting news about your house, we've been trying to buy recently and its a nightmare but we have to sell first and we're in the UK where it just isn't simple!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the house!
ReplyDeleteHope things continue to improve band wise and that your hunger stays managed... hang in there.
I'd advise getting on the scale each day-- writing it down and moving on.
Then you can see the daily trends.
it keeps me from getting into denial about overeating or having too many sliders. It hurts, but it is good 'therapy' in my humble opinion.
Congrats on the house! SO exciting!
ReplyDeleteHang in there with the band. Sounds like your eating choices are getting better, and I hope the scale responds accordingly.
Congrats on the house!
ReplyDeleteHope your scale starts moving in the right direction.
Excellent news! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteHey congrats on the house!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the lack of a fulfilling poop is hurting you in the scale ept, even if just by a lb or 2? I eat a lot of fiber post band but I just got over a "dry" spell and lost 2 lbs. I could feel it sitting there and churning whenever I went for a run, but for a good week or so it just refused to budge. I felt kinda like an over stuffed baked potato....
TMI, I know.
But sometimes seeing those 2 lbs gone is just what you need to jump start the trust in yourself that you can do this. (again).
Never had a colonic tho. What helped me was a glass of water with 2 tbsps kosher salt and a good book on a saturday morning when I didn't have to be anywhere :-0)