originally posted October 1, 2009
I guess some part of me still thinks that I ought to have lost the weight myself. That other people have done it, so why can’t I? I am telling people about the band based on if I think they will judge me for being lazy and not loosing weight on my own. And how can I blame them, when these thoughts are in my head as well?
My surgery consult is in three weeks – it is really hard to get an appointment with Dr. Marina Kurrian, she is so well respected. I wish I could get going…I’ve done everything I can ahead of time, even the things they let you do after the consultation. I do think the timing makes it easier on my mom, who is supportive but scared for me to have the anesthesia.
In shopping news, I have put a complete halt on purchasing any new clothes. It is fall, and every year around this time, I pack up summer clothes, take out winter clothes, go through and weed out stuff that will just absolutely not fit and put it away somewhere so I don’t have to look at it…and often I buy some new things, so I have something to wear! Not this year! This year, I am hoping to have surgery in December, and even if I have very little to wear at the begining of the winter, I hope to expand my possibilities by loosing weight – I have a mental picture of a video game, with a charachter moving through the game and unlocking boxes full of small and small clothes…I have boxes and closets full at my parents’ house of clothes that don’t fit anymore! I am wearing a size 22/2X now, and I have plenty of stuff to wear through 16/XL. I haven’t really been below that since I was out of hight school, and I am 32 now. I know it’s not magic, but I also know the combination of moderate exercise, sensible eating with the band, and time will produce results that I was never able to achieve before! I am so excited!
I had a thought today, that a year from now, when it gets cold again, I will have NOTHING to wear…*grin*!
My surgery consult is in three weeks – it is really hard to get an appointment with Dr. Marina Kurrian, she is so well respected. I wish I could get going…I’ve done everything I can ahead of time, even the things they let you do after the consultation. I do think the timing makes it easier on my mom, who is supportive but scared for me to have the anesthesia.
In shopping news, I have put a complete halt on purchasing any new clothes. It is fall, and every year around this time, I pack up summer clothes, take out winter clothes, go through and weed out stuff that will just absolutely not fit and put it away somewhere so I don’t have to look at it…and often I buy some new things, so I have something to wear! Not this year! This year, I am hoping to have surgery in December, and even if I have very little to wear at the begining of the winter, I hope to expand my possibilities by loosing weight – I have a mental picture of a video game, with a charachter moving through the game and unlocking boxes full of small and small clothes…I have boxes and closets full at my parents’ house of clothes that don’t fit anymore! I am wearing a size 22/2X now, and I have plenty of stuff to wear through 16/XL. I haven’t really been below that since I was out of hight school, and I am 32 now. I know it’s not magic, but I also know the combination of moderate exercise, sensible eating with the band, and time will produce results that I was never able to achieve before! I am so excited!
I had a thought today, that a year from now, when it gets cold again, I will have NOTHING to wear…*grin*!


No comments:
Post a Comment