Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Checklists (transfered post)

originally published September 30, 2009

I wanted to check in about lists.I have a few lists with regards to getting banded.

The first is the most practical one, the one I have to follow from the Dr’s office. I’ve had the psych eval, the physical and blood work. I have my appointment with the nutritionist and surgeon scheduled for October 23rd. Fortunately, my health insurance, Oxford, doesn’t require a weight loss attempt documentation. I believe it is the only one that doesn’t require it. My BMI is over 40, so I don’t need any co-morbidities. I still have to fill out the Patient Medical Questionaire and follow up with Primary Care Doctor for the letter of medical necessity and the blood test results.

My second checklist is a “last supper” list…things that I want to do, ok, eat, before I do the surgery. I feel kinda funny about making this list…why should I eat more and gain  more weight before I have this surgery to loose it? A has told me that he wants to take me to Le Bernadin, an amazing French seafood restaurant here in NY, before my surgery. That isn’t a place you go to once a month, it’s a very special place…4 starts from the NYT since it opened twenty years ago! And I’m totally excited about that. There are a few junk food meals that I may have, although since I have given myself permission to do it, I feel like I am much less likely to do it!

And here is an interesting thought – thinking about some of my junk food weaknesses, the idea of chewing them well, well, it kinda grosses me out! I’ve been thinking that even after I get the band, if there is something I am dying to eat, even if it isn’t healthy, I could take small bites and chew it well and just have a small portion.

Were there any things that you did or didn’t do before your surgery that you wish you had or hadn’t done?

originally published September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment