I meet with my surgeon -I can't weight! (haha - I love terrible puns)
9 am Nutritionist
10 am History and Physical (Don't really know what that will entail)
11 am Dr. Marina Kurrian
My mom is coming with me to all of my appointments, and my boyfriend is going to join us for the appointment with the surgeon. He needs to visit his Dr. soon, cause he needs a fill - he doesn't have too much restriction these days. I think he has only had two fills since he got his band, about a year ago. He is about 80 lbs down, and has another 80 or so to go, but he hasn't been in a rush, which is fine! He hopes taking his time will prevent the need for plastics in the future. I informed him that after I lose the weight and have a baby or two or three, I am planning a "Mom job"! The batwings I might do even sooner...
Any suggestions for tomorrow? Any questions to ask? I like avoiding surprises...like the one today, when I called my PCP to ask where was the letter he promised to write three weeks ago, and was informed he wouldn't be writing it. I could draft it and he could sign it, but he couldn't write it based on the directions I had provided him with from NYU...so I put on my Dr hat and hope he'll sign it soon!
Here's hoping I have something to report tomorrow!


Hey Yana! Good luck tomorrow. Some of the questions that I asked Dr. FIelding were:
ReplyDelete1) What is the average weight loss for your successful patients?
2) What makes those patients successful?
3) What types of complications have your patients had and how can I avoid them?
The history/physical is nothing. Just a nurse that takes your weight, some measurements, and your medical history. You're going to get a surgery date tomorrow! So exciting!
While I can't help you much with the questions, I think Jennyr - gave you some great ones! I can tell you that I wish you all the luck in the world! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me - I really appreciate it! So, best of luck again tomorrow and I look forward to reading your success story!!
ReplyDeleteExciting! I didn't ask my doctor much - I think just something about the rate of complications later on, like slippage.
ReplyDeleteAlso asked how much he thought I could lose (he said about 85 pounds! Down to 150 - or lower if I "work really hard").
There's a lot of hoops to jump through but, it is so worth it. Good Luck with your appointments tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot on tomorrow lol Your head will be swimming by the end of it. I guess some things I might ask to add to Gens is:
ReplyDelete1. When my band goes in, do I already start with a little fill? (Some have a cc or more before you even start)
2. What kind of band are you putting in and how many cc's does it hold in total?
3. How much fill do you put in each time I come in?
How long will I be on the liquid/mushie stage before I start solids?
That's all I can think of right now: but I will be thinking of you. This is very exciting.. things are starting to happen
Cara