Wednesday, August 17, 2011

hit the restart button...

I have lots of excuses, but no results. So I am hitting the restart button.

My mom has agreed to do a modified pre-op diet with me. I'm starting on Monday. We are going to have 4 shakes a day, one can be replaced by a plain greek yogurt. Veggies are allowed, but absolutely no fat and no fruits. We're going to try to do this for one week. It's not just to kick start some weight loss, although I do fully expect to loose at least 5 pounds, but I also want to detox from sugar and carbs. I want to start back up with the bandster habits that let me loose 70+ pounds! Not paying attention is what let me regain 25...


I am not doing what I have been doing every time I have "restarted", which has been last supper syndrome. I am going to work on improving my habits, the way I have been doing.

One thing that I have been a complete failure at is drinking water. Just haven't been drinking at all. Here's a list of habits that have to be emphasized:
1. drinking water. lots of water. no caloric beverages unless a special occasion.
2. counting calories and recording my food.
3. tracking protein and making sure I get enough

Today's eating:
Lunch was 3/4 of a shrimp tempura spring roll in rice paper with veggies. small miso soup. small salad with ginger and carrot dressing. piece of grilled salmon with teryaki sauce, 3 pieces california roll, piece of tuna sashimi.
Then I had 2 mochi donuts and half a black sesame frappe.
Two bites of a cookie.
Dinner was two slices of thin crust pizza
Dessert was a Mexican coke with sugar.

Yesterday's eating started out good...salad with chicken. Then cookies and chocolate babka (coffee cake) appeared in the kitchen at work, so I had some. And a little more...!!! I had a very small portion of whole wheat pasta with crispy kale and grated cheese for dinner and a medium frozen yogurt with peaches and raspberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment