Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm getting married! And thinner! (truly and truly)

(I originally wrote truly and I hope. But "hoping" sets me up to fail. So there is no try, grasshopper, there is only do!)

I've been completely missing in action. Working crazy hours, working on the house, fixing it up and getting ready to host a HUGE housewarming party last Saturday. We probably had about 80 people throughout the day. We got to show a lot of our friends and family the result of all of our hard work - and it took over 15 months from the time we made the offer to the house being done enough to host our peoples! It's still not done, still need to put up art and notice some little things that need to be patched, etc., add the hardware to the kitchen, etc.

The day after the party, E and I woke up and puttered around, did some cleaning, opened some generous gifts, then went to go meet his friend J and his wife and kids for brunch. J had invited us over a week ago, to celebrate a milestone he had met at work...long story short, it was a ruse and E ended up proposing to me! We were sitting on the bank of the East River looking at the Manhattan skyline when he pulled out a little wooden box that held a beautiful ring and asked me to make an honest man out of him! Turns out he has had the ring since August but wanted to find the perfect time! He wanted to do it in Costa Rica, but was worried the TSA would pull it out in front of me in the security line!

That was a week ago today. And just as the whirlwind of renovation and decoration is winding down, wedding planning will begin! I gave myself a week, then decided that I absolutely MUST get back on the wagon with weight loss.

I don't want to beat a dead horse. I know that you all have seen this list before, but I feel that this time I am super motivated - I don't want to be a fat bride. A plump one I can deal with, but I'm looking to get down to a size 12 for the wedding. The problem is that we are considering having the wedding in February, which only leaves me 2 months! And I think I need to loose over 40 lbs to get there. Our scale is broken, but I don't think I've gained weight, anticipate being around 238 lbs. When I was down to 215 I was a tight 14. I think 195 should take me down to a tight 12, which I am perfectly happy with.
5 lbs a week. I don't think that is impossible unless I

General goals:
Quit sugar and chocolate cold turkey. Exceptions are sugar free chocolate pudding and such. No candy, cookies, cake, pie, treats of any sort.
Increase my water intake by A LOT.
Increase fiber intake.
Bikram Yoga 5 times per week, ideally 7. I have a goal of 30 in 30.
Do a two week pre-op diet.
Take my synthroid religiously.
Take my (new) Glucophage prescription religiously. It's to help me when I try to get pregnant, but is supposed to help with regulating insulin and weight loss as well.

Reward: 7 in 7 Bikram classes - massage!
I'm also going to post it as a challenge on facebook to get some encouragement.

Monday:
Go to BBB and return some house warming gifts and purchase a new scale.
Eat no carbs except lentil soup which I made today. (Greek yogurt is ok, but not sweetened.) Shop for restart pre-op diet.
Go to Bikram.
Fill Glucophage script.
Make appointment for head MRI - requested by my fertility doc. She expects it to be fine, but wants to check adrenal and pituitary gland. Can I say how much I love her? She doesn't start everything with blaming me for being fat or start every treatment with first lose weight and then I will treat you. Let me know if you want her name.
Call wedding venues and schedule apts to go visit next weekend.

Tuesday
Bikram

Wednesday
Bikram

Thursday
Bikram

Friday
Bikram

Saturday
Bikram

Sunday
Bikram

3 comments:

  1. HUGE congratulations! I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That's super sweet that he propsed this weekend. All the best to you two.

    ReplyDelete