Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thanks for the support - coincidentally, I'm halfway to goal today

Thanks for the support yesterday. I don't think the BF would be into therapy, and I guess I've decided to give him a little bit more time based on the fact that when I had surgery, I agreed with my doctor that I would try to wait two years before getting pregnant and told him that. So if he is on that schedule, then...also I told him I wanted to have a baby by 35/get pregnant at 35, so he "has some leeway" based on what I said to him.

But it's still hard. Last night I was so depressed and stir crazy sitting at home (I've been spending a lot of time on the couch with my broken tailbone, lying down, of course!) I went to our local bar (it's a very low key fancy cocktail bar) and had a few drinks by myself (BF was at a big night out for someone's birthday that I wasn't up for), chatted with the bartender/owner, had a slice of pizza and came home.

This morning I was 215 lbs.

That is exactly halfway to goal. And I really think that while this is 65 lbs down by the ticker, it is at least 70 if not 75 or more down from my all time high.

Nothing 4 vodka gimlets won't fix...

Vodka Gimlet:
2 part good vodka, ketel one is nice, or I even like stoli, but don't go any cheaper than that.
1/2 and a dash more part FRESH lime juice
1/2 part simple syrup

shake it like crazy until it is bubbly and has tiny bits of ice and drink the delicious frothy nectar. enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Glad that you're feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that I am happy you are feeling a bit better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, glad you're feeling better-- good luck on the second half of this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a day to CELEBRATE!!! I say this as I sit here drinking diet cranberry and orange vodka hehehe.

    ReplyDelete