I was reading Dinnerland's blog and she talked about posting regularly, and I know I should...
So here it is, A Post.
I haven't been loosing, I've been bobbing around the high 210's...215 was a one day new low, now I see 217, 219, 217, etc...218 this am...
Eating - meh.
PBs - less, as I am trying to be careful about chewing etc., but still happening.
MUST schedule and go get my esophogram and one year post op check!!! My weight loss is so non-existent I don't want to go...and my insurance only covers the new doc at the practice who is a) younger and less experienced, b) a man, and c) not my beloved Dr. K!!!
Exercise has been nil, since I have a broken tailbone. I am going back to Bikram Yoga tomorrow night. I will have to modify the poses, because I can't put pressure on the tailbone, but there are a lot of standing poses and tummy poses...I will have to skip the sit-ups, but...
V-Day was nice and low key...we went to a nice bar that has food, because I had bought a Groupon for 20 dollars off, had a lovely dry white wine, split a dozen oysters and a duck reuben sandwich - YUM! Then the bar we went to on our first date, two blocks down, where I had a Bee's Kiss - aged rum, cream and honey! YUM! And we went to have dessert which was fresh and hot donut holes with apricot-orange blossom water sauce and a mini scoop of pistachio ice cream...we each had about 1.5 holes, which was a nice small dessert but still left me stuffed...I was gifted with a lovely bouquet of tulips and a sweet card with a trip to Puerto Rico! He drew me a certificate redeemable for tickets to PR. I've been fantasizing about a tropical getaway, and am really looking forward to exploring Old San Juan and visiting Vieques, where there is world's largest/strongest bio-luminous bay!
We still haven't bought the house, and quite honestly, I'm pretty much over it...I'll get excited again, once it happens, but we are in overtime now, and it is costing me an arm and a leg! This is the first week we are paying to extend our rate, which has increased by an entire point! It's 848 a week, which is coming out of our pockets at the closing, which makes me very unhappy...I'll walk away in another week, and I think it's quite possible that that will happen.


That's such a bummer that your new insurance doesn't cover Dr. K. She is so no-nonsense and straightforward, it makes me feel so comfortable. Maybe give the new doc a try? Even if he isn't the doc you'd prefer, it might be enough to spark you out of your rut.
ReplyDeleteThat really stinks about the house - buying here is so damn complicated. Hoping everything works out for you!
Will you be at the NYC bandster brunch on March 20th?
Wow, this sounds like a weird real estate scam thing you may be involved in (sorry to increase the stress.) I say get the hell out of that deal if you are already paying and you haven't even closed the deal.
ReplyDeleteThis is all strange, unless there is some escrow account.
Good luck.
I'm going for my e-gram this week!
Wow I can't eat any kind of sandwich these days - that menu made my mouth water!
ReplyDeleteSucks about the house. So glad you had a great Vday!