Thursday, February 17, 2011

Look, another post!

Weight: 217.5 LBS
Eaten, yesterday:
1. handful or mini Reese's peanut butter cups
2. Indian take out - tandoori chicken app, few bites of bread, about 1/4-1/3 cup rice, two pieces chicken tikka masala with little  bit of sauce
3. few bite of baked butternut squash with yogurt and two tablespoons rice
4. clam fritters with onion, garlic, clam, a bit of cornmeal, fried
5. one baked mushroom with clam fritter mixture inside
6. half a kiwi
Exercise: none
Water: two cups tea and one mason jar of snapple diet lemonade mix powder. POOR!!!

Job hunt: I sent out 4 resumes to recruiters for open postings on Tuesday, and I got one call right away, and he wants to submit me for a position. Another email from a guy who wants me to work with his colleague and had some substantial questions, and a third at least acknowledgment...so much better than the last time I tried to work with recruiters! And I am still reworking the resume, but that can be an never ending process. I need tostill  reach out to a few people I know and follow up on a few ideas; not job leads, per se, but I've been suggested that I get in touch with them and ask for advice in my job hunt as they work in my field...

About the house: it's not a scam, V! We applied for a loan, they gave us an AMAZING rate (2.75%!!!) but it was only good for a certain amount of time. because the seller isn't ready to close, that time has gone by. If we don't pay to extend our rate (1/8 of a point per week, in two week increments), they numbers won't work in terms of our monthly payment and what the bank has decided we can afford...and rates are now up by a full point! I wrote a pretty pissed off letter to my attorney yesterday, telling him I don't want the house that much that I am prepared to pay, pay, pay for as long as it takes. I've ok'd the first extension, which is costing me a pretty penny, and if we don't close by next Friday, no way that will happen!, then we have to do another two weeks. I want the seller to pay it. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment