So, I feel like I'm on the pre-op diet with regards to my weight loss. I am exactly 15 lbs down from the day I started my Clean detox, which was Saturday the 5th! More than a lb a day! I know I can't keep it up, but it is so very very invigorating! And, I get to eat!
Examples:
Yesterday was a glass of green juice (this was my first cheat on the program. I'm not supposed to have bananas because they are so sugary, but I bought a commercial green smoothy witch had a bit of banana in it...not the end of the world, and the plus side is I had green juice).
Lunch was coconut rice. Brown basmati rice cooked with a spoonful of coconut oil, salt and garlic powder. Also seared chicken livers cooked in a cast iron pan - I love liver and had SUCH a craving when I saw it in the store. Must have needed iron!
Went to a cocktail reception. Drank two bottles of water and ate some melon and pineapple skewers. There had delicious appetizers which I passed on and luscious desserts, including canoli which are one of my MOST FAVORITE THINGS! I very briefly considered having one, and decided it would ruin my mood.
Had a colonic yesterday, and the therapist was really "impressed". She said it was very obvious I was detoxing. Lost 3 pounds from that this morning! 3 pounds of %^&*!
Came home and had 3 small kiwis and 2 rice cakes with almond butter and apple butter.
This morning I made juice with organic beets, apples, carrots, ginger and pomegranate seeds. delish! Have a business lunch at a Greek restaurant where I will have salad with grilled fish, no cheese, no tomatoes, but olive oil and lemon is just fine! Maybe some hummus too!
I am two weeks into my detox and loving it. It is really motivating me. I definitely need to add in exercise. Tomorrow will be a trip to the sauna to sweat out toxins as well!


That's fantastic chicken! I love detoxing! It feels sooooo good doesn't it? Knowing that you are filling your body with real, healthy food!
ReplyDeleteYou haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I would check in - how are things going?
ReplyDelete