So I've been catching up with some of your blogs recently. Seems like a LOT of people are having quite serious problems with the band, and some of those who were singing the band's praises are now saying they would never advise it. I'm so sorry for those bad experiences!
I wouldn't say my band experience has been bad, it hasn't been as ideal as some, but I've also been lazier than many.
I weighed in this morning at 242, lowest I've been for a while. I'm actually going to go have a colonic tonight to clean out all the junk that I have been detoxing into my gut, per the advice of my cleansing bible, and am planning a trip to the sauna this weekend, and am hoping I'll be under 240 by Monday morning.
Yesterday, I had:
1/2 a pineapple and rice protein shake
zucchini noodles with 1/2 pan seared chicken breast and ginger, garlic & lime cashew cream.
5 thin brown rice cakes with almond butter and apple butter
1 pan seared chicken breast
1 coconut water
Had a short walk, which was really nice and I will make sure I do the same today.
hmmm...not enough greens! having a green smoothie this morning
have brown rice and chicken livers for lunch (I love liver, and had such a craving for it yesterday!)
dinner will be a green smoothie with protein powder. maybe some more of that delicious rice cake combo if I crave it. I'm starting to think that following your cravings is really important, says something about what you need in your body. that is if you only fulfill your cravings with healthy food!
I'm not eating anything "light" or "low fat" that isn't that way naturally. I'm not eating ANY additives or preservatives. I'm not eating any sugar except what comes from fruit or VERY small amounts of coconut nectar or brown rice syrup. No gluten, no dairy, no eggs, no nightshade veggies like tomatoes and eggplants and peppers and potatoes (cheese and eggs and nightshades (AND WHO AM I KIDDING, WINE) are what I miss most, I think I could quite easily continue to avoid most other things that I am avoiding).


Wow you are really doing a big detox! It is sort of depressing to see others doing so well as i sit here eating a plate of nachos. I am still happy i got my band and know if i didn't i would be in a much worse place than i am now. keep us posted.
ReplyDelete