Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'M BACK, BABIES!

For the first time in a long time, I am actually wanting to blog. I've been overposting on Facebook and in FB groups, and there are some mean and vicious people in some of those groups (not to me, yet, which is why I want to remove myself from the possibility of over sharing there). I also have felt a bit more paranoid about what I post on line period, so I may take down photos from the blog and some identifying features, but, guess what...

I'M BACK, BABIES!

First of all, happy news (there's a lot of it):

1. I committed to do a 21 detox in the month of January. It's called the Clean Program. There was a three day intro period, where I ate three meals from the list of allowed foods, then 21 days of 2 liquid and 1 solid meal, then a re-introduction of the various types of food that were excluded. The basics are no: soy, corn, gluten, white rice, beef, shellfish, pork ( I don't eat it anyway), dairy, eggs, sugar, bananas, grapes, all nightshades (eggplants, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers), oranges and strawberries.

Sounds really strict initially, but I am eating deliciously. Yesterday I had a beet, beet green and apple juice for breakfast, a snack of cucumbers with a squeeze of lemon and salt, miso (fermented soy is ok) marinated wild salmon, mushrooms and asparagus, a green salad with oil and vinegar, hearts of palm and chopped macadamia nuts, fresh pineapple and pineapple juice...yum, yum, yum!

As of this morning, I've lost over 11 lbs. And am very close to breaking though the 240 lb barrier, where I have not been in a VERY long while. I need to re read this blog a bit and remember when that was, probably around 18 months ago.

And I feel good. My husband is doing it with me, and I am excited and happy and don't feel restricted, just challenged by making sure I prepare and plan.

2. We are trying to get pregnant. I have PCOS and apparently don't like to ovulate. I was going down the traditional path and was about to start Clomid and IUI and heading toward IVF (the MD told me that was what would get me pregnant) and I got kinda scared. So I paused and went to go see a doctor of traditional chinese medicine who does acupuncture and herbs. And I've gotten my period twice in 2 months!!! Super exciting. If I could just get better at taking the smelly herbs, we'd really be in business! But for the first time, I am thinking there is a chance I could get pregnant without the hard core fertility treatment, which is very exciting.

3. Speaking of business, as of this month I am the 1st name partner in a new  law firm of me, my friend and my other friend. We have set up the PLLC, we have leased (5 years! arg! scary!) premises, we are spending $$ rebuilding and renovating and outfitting to our specifications...and I think it's going to be great! We are getting more and more clients, getting into the community, etc...

4. Speaking of community, I did a huge amount of relief work connected to Hurricane Sandy, which struck NY so hard, especially communities that I am connected to. I was subsequently asked to join the Board of one of the local organizations, one of the largest in the area, and am really excited about helping out and building a network.

5. I was depressed about the weight gain and not having any clothing. Last October I bit the bullet, hired a stylist and dropped a bunch of cash on a new wardrobe. I'm still buying things in bits and bobs, like ULTRA WIDE calf boots on zappos that fit me finally! Knee high boots! Yay! (I got two!)

I guess what it all comes down to is that I feel like I have finally grown up...I'm not a girl anymore, I'm a woman and I'm taking charge of things. Writing this list has made me feel awesome. Tomorrow I will write about what makes me feel unawesome, but until then, good night!

(just for my notes)
today was 1/2 coconut water
handful macadamia nuts
green salad w cucumber and heart of palms w dijon/shallot vinagrette
fruit salad with melon, kiwi and pinapple
dinner will be duck breast with cherries and olives and some brown rice

 Goal setting, yet again, as of January 10, 2013:
DONE January 5, 2013: 253 lbs
DONE January 10, 2013: 243.4

DONE January 18, 239.6 lbs! Can I loose 9.6 lbs in the next two weeks? Maybe...Can I loose 4.6? Absolutely!

February 1, 2013: 230, but will take 235 (huge loss, but I am on a cleanse and think it may be possible)
March 1, 2013: 225, but will take 230
April 1, 2013 125lbs (April Fool's!) goal is 220, but will take 225
May 1, 2013: 215 lbs, back to where I fell off last time! 

2 comments:

  1. This post is so fun to read: your positivity is radiating through your words!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come for dinner? Sounds lush!!!!!

    hugs

    xbunnyx

    ReplyDelete