Saturday, September 25, 2010

I miss BOOBS...

In more ways than one?

That would be the witty thing to say, but I don't miss having gigundous boobs. I like them now. Wouldn't mind if they were perkier, but when I do my Janet Jackson pose (hands on boobs, holding them up) I am quite content. Also in a bra, they are a-ok.

I miss my BOOBs, though! Couldn't make it to Chicago this weekend, and I do regret it...but I hope you all are having an amazing time...wish I was there...

Yesterday I did do an amazing thing  - Bikram yoga! I didn't hit my goal of 217 to try it, but I haven't lost weight in months so I knew I had to do something...I woke up at 6 am from night cough/reflux. And decided instead of trying to go back to sleep, I would go the six blocks to the Bikram yoga studio I had been wanting to hit up for the past year. Basically since I read the amazing blog she shrinks, I have been curious about it (she stopped writing her lap band blog a while ago, but so worthwhile to read it! and she has a few other blogs about yoga and healthy living and pretty photos and stuff) and I finally did it.

I did much better than I thought I would....the teacher told me to just stay in the room for 90 minutes, and that would be an accomplishment. It is 26 poses, each done twice, in a 110 degree room. Can you say sweaty? Yes, I was! I also lost 2.5 lbs, obviously of water. 2 of them were back when I got on the scale on Friday night, but were gone again this morning. 222.5.

Last week I got on the scale, and the number was 219. Three times! I screamed and called E in to show him, but then it read 225.5 the next few times I got on. I realized yesterday that with just a little more willpower and work, I can get to the 210's. I can, I know I can...I've been stuck in this 220 decade for months and months, very briefly rising over to 232 at some point. I am confident I won't go back there, but I will definitely need to start adding exercise into my weight loss equation.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Yana,

    I'm missing BOOBS, too. Sadness.

    Go you on the bikram yoga! That's awesome.

    A little more work, and you will get there. I have no doubt!

    Been meaning to tell you, I think of you all the time, as I wear several of the pj's you sent constantly. I will actually wash and dry a load of laundry if they are dirty, just so I can wear them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one missing BOOBS too.
    Yoga sounds great, hard in that heat though, well done. When are you going again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed Boobs, and now that everyone is posting their pics I am really regretting not going. But it would have taken a miracle to get hubby to watch the kids for a weekend. HOpefully next year.
    Good job on the workout. Maybe I will get myself motivated to workout again soon.
    DD
    www.bandedup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete