Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chili is good.

Well, on the plus side, I feel like I have some of what I want from restriction - a noticeable decrease in my interest in shoving food in my face.

This is recent. Like today. After a day of a lot of stuckness yesterday, topped off by pbing on peach skin outside of my office while waiting for a car. After being locked in behind an electric gate because I stayed late, until 10 pm to finish up stuff that I never have time to do during the day.

So today I made a lovely fresh pesto from my window box, and made a Tracy-inspired salad of cherry tomatoes, little mozz balls, cucumber, and chicken cutlets that E had cooked up last night. I couldn't eat them then because it was late and when I eat late I get horrible reflux. So yes, there is that problem, it had reared its ugly head...and it's still in the fridge at work because I didn't have time to eat. Positive: didn't really miss it, which I haven't had in a while and I really miss.

I'm rambling, I know...today I had half a cherry tomato and a bite of chicken with pesto. Two rainbow cookies. Two cups of turkey chili that were allegedly 194 calories each but I din't believe it. I think my problem is I stopped making chili when it got so freaking hot. And chili is so very very good for bandsters...

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I need to make some chili. As soon as the temp falls below 90 (lovely FL).

    Glad it's going well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great idea, chili! I am going to make a big batch and freeze it. Thanks for reminding me about our protein rich friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it cools off in GA (Prob not until Nov.) I love to make homemade chili, chicken pot pie, and veggie soup. Yum yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like lentil and bean soups when it is warm outside. I dont mind them slightly chilled.

    Glad the restriction is going well...and I'm sorry about being stuck in at work that stinks. I once had to walk several blocks because they moved my car on me because the lot closed and I didn't know it....it sucks to be doing more for your job and then have to get screwed like that!!

    Im coming to New York in October (see my post) wanna get a drink?

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same as Tina- been eating Osh soup of late. It's a bean soup from the middle east made with mint and dill so it's light and summery.

    I miss chili but it's good to get a break, too.

    Another thing I find helpful is that at the start of the week I get a whole roasting chicken on Sunday, cook it up, and nibble on that all week for lean protein.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have nominated you for a blogger award. The post is at the following link: http://ready4anewme.blogspot.com/2010/09/blogger-awards.html

    Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement!

    :o) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yana, I nominated you for a blog award as well! http://talesfromtheband.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-blog-award-and-day-7.html

    Yours was the first blog I read when I had seriously decided to go for this, and I am so glad I did!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby made turkey chili last weekend and it was pretty yummy. I agree - good bandster food! :)

    ReplyDelete