Tuesday, September 13, 2011

found a shrink and some dresses

I have an appointment with a therapist for Friday. Need to find out why I sabatoge myself in most every area of my life; weight loss, work, etc...

In better news, I bought two dresses today. They are both plus sizes, but they were on the sale rack, so paid less than $50 for both of them. I have two weddings to go to, and none of my aspirational clothes fit and I really didn't want to squeeze myself into 16s in the store hoping they would fit...these are kinda loose, and I dont' mind. I'm not loving my figure so much, that I need to squeeze into a sausage. If I lose a lot of weight before the second wedding at the end of october, I will buy a new dress.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the therapist works out really well... good for you for going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in therapy for many years for my eating issues and other things. It's been one of the best investments I've ever made. I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what he says it is probably the same thing I need to hear.
    How did you find him/her? Is is a therapist who deals mostly with weight?
    Heidi
    bandedup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for finding a therapist. I am a HUGE advocate of therapy! I can't think of anyone who couldn't benefit from having someone to listen and help them get the heck of their own way. I have been going for awhile now. Its helped me through this awful, crazy break-up with the man I was SURE was "the one"...also helping to get my priorities in line, deal with my newly diagnosed ADD and work on getting HAPPY.

    Awesome about the dresses too. :-)

    ReplyDelete