Went to the gym by my work this morning.
Started VERY small - 10 minutes on the elliptcal, burning 100 calories, and 6 minutes on a weird side to side elliptical (50 calories). That's how I got myself in there. That's how I started after surgery,
it's right by work, I got a 7 day free pass...it's pretty reasonable for ny, only 49 dollars a month, and pretty nice...sauna, steamroom, pool, hot tub, tons of cardio machines, some classes, and not crowded. and my commute was much shorter because I went early, before the traffic. I think I will try to work this into my week!
shower and grocery store before work
I got sliced turkey and chicen, yogurt.
baby bell cheese and hummus. edame salad from the deli, which was not delicious, but ok.
also got granola (banana bread) and kashi strawberry fields cereal and single serve milk boxes
pretzal thins, pita chips and LF grilled cheese puffs in single servings. little bags of carrots.
chocolate vita top brownies. kashi fruit and grain bars. a little heavy on the sugar, but not too bad. also got some frozen stuff - two kashi meals, two garden delites - they are yummy veggie servings with only 100 calories and tasty. also cashews. yeah. love those.
the idea is to stave off snacking on the office crap food by having a stock.
morning was 100 calorie yogurt with about 1/4 cup of granola. 250 calories.
one mini reese's peanut butter cup 44 calories
lunch was 4 turkey slices (120) with about 2-3 tablespoons humus (100 cal), serving pretzal flats (100 calories), baby carrots (negligible - I'm not going to get fat eating carrots), half a cup of edamame salad (?? there's some oil, so let's say 80 calories)
fruit and grain bar from kashi 110
tea with milk (20 calories?) and splenda and half a small oatmeal raisin cookie. 90 calories
blow pop. 60 calories
920 calories. and it is only 4.16 pm.
And I'm hungry. Or bored. I think hungry...I haven't been counting protein, must do that as well. not too bad on protein, had the yogurt, had the turkey and hummus...but too much sugar! I can (and I know perfectly well that I shouldn't just because I can) eat a lot, and if I have a small amount, I'm not very satisfied, so I need to get some bulkier foods...I am dying for a thai/vietnamese salad. Maybe I'll get that for dinner one day this week!
Let's say I


great job on the exercise! Keep going! :)
ReplyDeleteYou and I have been on a very similar path since we were banded. I am struggling with these same things and I chose today to start my workout routine again as well. I know its a cliche but, for me, it comes down to taking everything one moment at a time. If I choose to not snack at this moment that is less calories in for the day.
ReplyDeleteKeep on with getting back on track-- you can do it.
ReplyDelete