Sunday, April 3, 2011

Praise the lord and pass the ammunitition!

Well, my dear blogland peeps, I will briefly summarize:

1. Worked out my two weeks of notice at my old job. While I worked hard and long hours, everyone was super duper nice, including my boss and manager. Let's just see if the paycheck comes on time ;)

2. I'm starting my new position tomorrow. I already have meetings and clients so I need to hit the ground running. I attended a social event with most of the staff last week one night after work, and was introduced as someone that has a "ton of experience and is very knowledgeable at doing X" and that I would be doing a lot of meeting with clients with not a lot of time in the office. I'm excited and nervous, but ready to go!

3. Band - is so wide open you could drive a truck through it, and I kinda did. OK, so it's like a mini hybrid SUV, but still...I've gained a few pounds in the past few weeks since I had 1 cc taken out. By a few I mean in the realm of 4-5, which isn't terrible. I'm sure I will lose it soon.

4. What is terrible is that I never bought work clothes for this weight, just wore 3 pairs of black pants and pretty casual tops, which is not going to work at the new gig. And the work clothes I have right now are a little too small - so this brings me to a quasi desperate place where I need to fit into my clothes! I think I will have a fashion show today, try stuff on and lay out outfits for the next work week. And wearing tight clothes all week will definitely inspire me to lose weight!

5. Dr and Fill - I found out Dr. K has office  hours once a month in the burbs near where I am working, about a 15 minute drive away. Her next available appointment was next Thursday. I found that out when NYU called to cancel my appointment with Dr. Young and Male, who is very nice, but not Dr. K. I'll pay out of pocket, but I don't care. I want her wisdom and experience, and I think I will ask for .25, a quarter of what was taken out. If she suggests .5 I'll take that too. And I will really do the 2 days liquids, 2 days mushies, which I haven't done the last few times I had a fill.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new job! I'm sure you will kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the new job and your next appointment!

    ReplyDelete